Energy efficiency is an important aspect of any Edmonton air conditioning and heating system. If you’re looking to make your HVAC system more efficient and save more money in the process, then one of the first things you should look at is upgrading your thermostat.
Modern thermostats can help with energy efficiency in a variety of ways. Depending on the model you choose, you can have a thermostat that helps you manage and monitor energy usage. If you’re still using an old slide or dial thermostat, then even a simple upgrade to a basic digital thermostat can do you good. Of course, you want to know you’re choosing the right thermostat for your needs, so here are some of your best options.
- Programmable thermostats – these options allow you to set the temperature according to your schedule. If you’re not at home, these thermostat types can be set to moderate temperatures, then go full blast minutes before you arrive so you can go home to extremely comfortable conditions.
- Smart thermostats – are also known as Wi-Fi thermostats that you can control remotely with a mobile device.
- Wireless thermostats – as the name suggests, don’t require to be connected to a power outlet to function. Their greatest benefit is that you can relocate them anywhere you want to in your home. You can also regulate the function via remote control.
Why it’s a good idea for you to upgrade
Aside from convenience, there are many other benefits that a thermostat upgrade can give you. Below are just a few other reasons why upgrading is a good idea.
- Automatic temperature setting changes. Set your temperature settings once, and you’re good to go. No need to do it manually throughout the day every day.
- Detailed information on HVAC system use. You’ll know how much energy your HVAC is using, which can help you manage its use.
- Lower energy bills. This is self-explanatory.
Air conditioning services in Edmonton
If you would like to upgrade your thermostat, call a trusted local Edmonton air conditioning service such as Capital Plumbing. Their professional technicians can ensure that your upgrade is done professionally, and any issues that may arise will be addressed immediately.
Guide to smart heating: Why upgrading your thermostat is a good idea, Pocket-lint.com
Do Programmable Thermostats Really Save Money?, GetRichSlowly.org